DrLee

(new) Gif Avatars No Longer Working

As of the past week, I've noticed any gif avatars I attempt to upload either don't upload as a GIF or they don't upload at all. Anyone who had their avatars before a week or so as GIF still have it, (like @Kyoko or @Forest), but any recent uploads aren't working for me. Just wanted to inform @Rhododendron and see if I'm not the only one having a problem with this.

Basically, ever since I moved the website and databases to a new OS and machine (cheaper price with better performance) the image library ImageMagick stopped working when using the pecl module Imagick. I had to switch it to GD, the build-in module for converting images and it doesn't has those advance features like converting animated GIFs. Nothing I can do until the XF developers actually fix the library script they use :(

Basically, ever since I moved the website and databases to a new OS and machine (cheaper price with better performance) the image library ImageMagick stopped working when using the pecl module Imagick. I had to switch it to GD, the build-in module for converting images and it doesn't has those advance features like converting animated GIFs. Nothing I can do until the XF developers actually fix the library script they use :(

Well, Damn.