Chucktheman34

Inflation of mods

So, I've noticed there's been an enormous increase in moderators recently, and I know the promo-demo was earlier this week, but seriously? I'm really curious, why do some people just get mod for some servers for asking? I can understand if you've been in the clan a while, know the rules, and possibly have some moderating experience, but for people that have been in the clan for 6 months and longer, and have been wanting to be mod, this is kind of an outrage (me included). I'm not demanding moderator or that you demote anybody, but I'm really annoyed and confused as to this commotion. Could someone please do some explaining?

Sometimes you don't make enough of an impact to gather the division leaders attention. Not to sound insulting at all, but maybe try to get yourself noticed more (aka hanging out in teamspeak, posting on the forums more, playing on other servers)

Just playing on jailbreak is not enough. Like jay said, hanging out in teamspeak, playing other servers and or games with xg, posting on the forums more. these are all things we look for in mods, it's great if you know the rules and all, but we want our staff to not only know the rules for the 1 server, we want them to know them for all the servers, and be valued and active members in the community.

We really don't give mod/admin to random people. Sure there are a few questionable people who have it, and while that was totally up to someone else, there are factors we see that end up causing you not to get it. Bugging higher ups for a rank probably won't get you it. Backseat moderating probably won't get you it. Breaking rules continuously probably won't get you it.

I'm really curious, why do some people just get mod for some servers for asking?

I don't think anyone just asks for mod powers and gets it. They have to apply for a Moderator status, and then are evaluated by higher-ups for their respective division. It's not just handed out on a silver platter.

Besides, is there a problem with having more staff available to moderate servers? Is it not better to have more then less? If you really feel that people are abusing their rank/power, then you can provide some evidence/proof in Report Abuse and we can assess the situation. Otherwise, I really see no problem in having more members to help out with the amount of rule breakers.

- Dat guy, Forest

Don't forget either, there are also Paid Mods, who may get promoted to Mod, but i see what you mean, some newer people do seem to get mod etc. but it depends on how they are, not how long they've been playing in xG.

Valid point, but many people that have been in this clan, never apply because they didn't donate. However, yes, more moderators isn't as much of a bad thing (unless it gets too overboard). To make these mods useful we need to POPULATE Servers! (Not only jb!) Especially AWP/Scoutz! (And gungame n shit)

To make these mods useful we need to POPULATE Servers! (Not only jb!) Especially AWP/Scoutz! (And gungame n shit)

those servers are lame, everyone plays jb because it's the best. not some shit replaying constantly with just new maps

You don't get moderator by just sitting and waiting. Those people who get moderators deserved the position. Most of'em were and are active in server and also in Teamsepak, where all the Division Leaders and Managers are. And those people show leaders and managers their ability to be a mod.

Also, after the last post of your Moderator Submission which was denied due to not completed requirement, you never applied again. (And you do not fit the requirement right now either).

So there is no reason to mad about other people not giving you moderator.

those servers are lame, everyone plays jb because it's the best. not some shit replaying constantly with just new maps

Lame? Scoutzknivez is the ish! JB is decreasing in popularity mate, and fast. You need other servers on the community to keep the rating up. xG for now, is only known for it's JB server and that alone isn't even in top 10 probably. We gotta step our game up with Every server, but its difficult to do that instantly.

I don't think anyone just asks for mod powers and gets it. They have to apply for a Moderator status, and then are evaluated by higher-ups for their respective division. It's not just handed out on a silver platter.

Isn't DuckiiJr Nuclear Dawn mod and Left 4 Dead 2 mod? but he didn't get the CSS mod when hey made an App.

Isn't DuckiiJr Nuclear Dawn mod and Left 4 Dead 2 mod? but he didn't get the CSS mod when hey made an App.

that backs his statement that just because you make an app doesn't mean you get mod.