DrLee

Concerning tazing on LR

Should tazing be allowed on LR? - In general  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Should tazing be allowed on LR? - In general

• Yes
    • No
    • Only certain LR's- I will mention which in a reply

No. Not at all. The rebel gets tased. This slows their movement speed. Bam, easy headshot.

CTs can't tase a T that rebels.

Yeah, but If a T thinks hes good enough to rebel on lr he should still have to deal with the risks of rebelling, like getting tazed

@@John based on my experience with testing it out, the rebel on lr choice gives you ~150 hp per CT alive, as a bonus. meaning if you had 100 health, and there are 4 CTs, you now have 700 health instead of 600. imo this is very unfair for the CTs, as the T is now super OP with MORE THAN 100 health per CT alive as a bonus. and i agree, if you can't dodge a single shot tazer, then you probably shouldn't be rebelling.

EDIT: i think at one point i was so mad that it was too op I looked at the source and might have edited the amount to 125 but that was only on csgo, it was still bonus health, and rolo.

I don't see why they're rules in place to accommodate people who are bad at the game.
Last time I checked, Jailbreak is supposed to about having fun with some friends, not seeing who is the best player or whoever has the most frags by the end of the round. Jailbreak is a gametype in CS:S that requires little skill or experience with CS:S to play. 1-3 readings of the motd + a pretty basic understanding of how CS:S works and you're pretty much set. It's not like bhop or surf, where you have to learn how to do it even on just the most basic level. If you want to take it to a more competitive level, go ahead, but don't force something like that on everyone else.

Last time I checked, Jailbreak is supposed to about having fun with some friends, not seeing who is the best player or whoever has the most frags by the end of the round. Jailbreak is a gametype in CS:S that requires little skill or experience with CS:S to play. 1-3 readings of the motd + a pretty basic understanding of how CS:S works and you're pretty much set. It's not like bhop or surf, where you have to learn how to do it even on just the most basic level. If you want to take it to a more competitive level, go ahead, but don't force something like that on everyone else.

Dodgeing a taze doesnt request skill either. Rebelling requires skill, if they're too bad for it, they can pick gun toss etc. They dont need about 800 hp for four CTs, if they get tazed they're bad. Everyone in xG for some dumb reason, decides to give the Ts an advantage in every single situation. It's supposed to be hard for the Ts, not for the CTs.

Last time I checked I wasn't forcing anything on anyone. I was simply stating the obvious.

I'm glad there was an actual discussion here, and I'm not attempting to bring up a new rule. With the knowledge of the MOTD's current rule, I'm glad I'll be able to refer to it next time it happens, as I'm satisfied with the current one. Continue with the other discussion, of course.

@@Chrono I wouldn't mind it being edited. If it's honestly that much health then it should be. Having say 200 health wouldn't be nearly as bad. Personally I don't think there should be a rebelling option in the menu. Rebelling normally is just as fun.

The taser disarms you, puts you into the T-stance, slows you beyond ability to dodge (including slow jumps), and doesn't allow you to crouch. Now have 4+ CTs type !taser. Single shot or not, it's a ridiculous advantage to the CTs.

The T gets a lot of health. Big woop. It's not like he has super steroids speed too like Last CT gets or automatically receives a gun. All the T gets is health. That's it.

If it's such a big problem, just remove the extra health given (if you can) from the rebelling option.

The taser disarms you, puts you into the T-stance, slows you beyond ability to dodge (including slow jumps), and doesn't allow you to crouch. Now have 4+ CTs type !taser. Single shot or not, it's a ridiculous advantage to the CTs.

The T gets a lot of health. Big woop. It's not like he has super steroids speed too like Last CT gets or automatically receives a gun. All the T gets is health. That's it.

If it's such a big problem, just remove the extra health given (if you can) from the rebelling option.

I thought they get an M249 when they choose the rebel option? Also he can just lower it from like 100 (if it IS this, can't say for sure but i definently have not seen a rebelling T with over 400 hp) per CT to like 20-30 or something.

I'm not trying to get tasers allowed and not trying to be a dick of any kind, just wanted to say this.

Also, unless silence does this, i doubt anyone will be able to since Darkwolf's laptop got nuked.

I thought they get an M249 when they choose the rebel option? Also he can just lower it from like 100 (if it IS this, can't say for sure but i definently have not seen a rebelling T with over 400 hp) per CT to like 20-30 or something.

I'm not trying to get tasers allowed and not trying to be a dick of any kind, just wanted to say this.

Also, unless silence does this, i doubt anyone will be able to since Darkwolf's laptop got nuked.

He can edit cfgs/txts through the web panel (Which he can do this from his phone, ive done it before) But i dont think its in the config for hosties and im too lazy to check. If it is in the config, he can easily change it. If it isnt, he would have to go into the source for hosties and change it (Which is just finding where it changes the HP and change 100 to X)

Edit: He would have to edit lastrequest.sp, the line that says

>                        SetEntData(LR_Player_Prisoner, g_Offset_Health, numCTsAlive*100+25);

So right now its (CTs alive)*100 + 25. He can change it to this for (CTs alive)*50 + 25 by replacing that line with this

>                        SetEntData(LR_Player_Prisoner, g_Offset_Health, numCTsAlive*50+25);

Or if hes too lazy, here's the .sp he can use (I dont want to update my sourcemod/sm hosties to compile it)

let the CTs have tasers but give the rebeling T an infinite ammo zeus with no range limit to it's fire.... problem solved... :)

There have been a lot of Staff members not doing any moderating at all lately...But this should be fixed soon enough.

Thats ALL of staff. I havent seen a whole lot of Division leaders or managers on either. Mostly just the moderators and one or two admins. What are the higher ups doing? coding hub? LOL.

Sorry, Its just frustrating to see the most active moderators get consistently picked on. True they could perhaps moderate a little more, but it becomes a boy who cried wolf situation. People complain FREEKILL all the time (I know because im one of them, im actually only freekilled about 50% of the time i think I am) and id assuming moderating gets difficult to near impossible.

-Karch